Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature by the wonderful The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new theme and you can participate when and if you choose. This week’s theme is Ten reasons I love…
For my top ten I’ve chosen, Top 10 reasons I love reading out and about.
- Fresh air is great – I enjoy breathing.
- People watching – I love to put down my book every now and then and people watch. You get to see some interesting things when you take a minute to look around.
- Meet strangers – I mainly read on the train and I’ve had some interesting conversations with other commuters about what I’m reading, what they’re reading and our favourite books. It’s a strange thing to strike up a conversation with someone you don’t know and find a mutual interest, but talking about books is a really interesting way to get to know someone for even the briefest moment.
- Nature – I love reading at the park or our local botanic gardens when the trees and flowers are blossoming.
- Kills time – I don’t drive so public transport is my best friend and it is a great way to make the trip go faster.
- Relaxing – What’s more relaxing than sitting down with a book, a cookie and
- Keep that brain ticking – My attention span is sometimes all over the place but I find being out and about with a book really helps me focus.
- Summer tan – I live on my back deck during the summer and as I’m basically as white as a ghost the rest of the year, reading while under the sun kills two birds with one stone.
- Procrastinate – I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve run away from the house to a park or a beach to read just so I can actively avoid housework, assignments and being an adult for a few hours.
- Why not? – We all love reading, so why not do it wherever and whenever we have time.
Do you enjoy reading in public?