Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature by the wonderful The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new theme and you can participate when and if you choose. This week is freebie week where we get to choose our own theme so for my top ten today I’m doing books on my shelf I haven’t read.
Too many books but so little time. I have a tonne of books on my shelf that I haven’t read because either the mood hasn’t struck or my attention span falters.
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare: I was so incredibly hyped to read this book after I finished The Mortal Instruments series but I didn’t realise it was such a big mofo until I went to buy it…I just don’t have the brain capacity at the moment.
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner: I received this in my Owlcrate subscription box. Hoping to pick this up in the next month or so but it isn’t high on my list.
- Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon: So I was hooked on the first season of Outlander and immediately went out to a second hand book store and grabbed the whole series for $15. Then the hype wore off. Keeping my eyes off the second season until I tackle this beast.
- Soundless by Richelle Mead: This is another book I received in my Owlcrate and I’m still trying to figure out if its worth while. I tried to read the Vampire Academy series and it just never seemed interesting for me so I’m worried this might end up being a time waster.
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover: One of my favourite books last year was by Colleen Hoover so when I saw this book for $4 second hand I knew I had to pick it up. Unfortunately every time I try to read it I’m just not in the mood but I will definitely tackle it this year.
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis: Everyone raves about this series but whenever I look at it on my shelf it has yet to call to me. Maybe I’ll pick this up or maybe I will end up donating it but I’m in no rush to pick it up at this stage.
- Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham: Girls is still one of my favourite TV shows so I was definitely keen to pick it up however I have to be in a very particular mood to read a biography. This will be one I check out later in the year.
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab: This has been sitting on my shelf for a long time as has the sequel. I grabbed these books before I had started my love affair with Schwab so I definitely think these will be read sometime in the near future.
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera: I’ve heard nothing but fantastic things about this book but for me, waiting for the hype to die down is going to a big contributor to how much I enjoy this book.
- War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy: This bitch of a book! I have been reading this on and off over the last few years and it is a monster. I was able to bang out Anna Karenina easily and it fast became a favourite of mine but for some reason this is one of those books that I really struggle with – knowing I’m not the only one is certainly comforting.
Do you have a book that is taking up permanent unread residence on your shelf?