Storm and Silence book 2
Read my review of book 1
ARC kindly provided by author Robert Thier in exchange for an honest review.
I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed the first book Storm & Silence so when author Robert Thier asked me if I wanted to review the sequel I jumped at the chance. Holy shit was this good!
Egypt… land of romance, mystery, and exploding camels. Lilly Linton thought she’d be ready for anything after one month of working for her boss – cold, calculating businessman Rikkard Ambrose. But when they embark on a perilous hunt through the desert, she has to face dangers beyond anything she has encountered before: deadly storms, marauding bandits, and worst of all, a wedding ring!
Can the desert’s heat truly be enough to melt the cold heart of Britain’s richest financier?
To avoid spoiling some big things, I’m going to keep this review short and sweet.
A few thoughts:
- “Love is in the air everywhere I look around”
- Lilly and her feminist ways are alive and well in this. I fell in love with Lilly in Storm and Silence because she was very independent and determined in her quests. I’m happy to say that this is still the case.
- While I was a little frustrated that we didn’t get to know more about Ambrose, his mysterious nature is still a massive draw.
- Twists and turns that make you think ‘what the fuck is happening’ and then some calming moments where you think ‘just breathe, we’re all going to be okay’.
- Ambrose and Lilly are both still headstrong and stubborn but there is a definite shift in their relationship which hooked me from the start.
- You don’t even have a chance to get bored because the pacing and writing is superb. Robert Thier has a unique way of making this anti-historical fiction reader devour every single page.
- Adventure, romance, humour, action, drama…it’s all there in a neat little package.
- The ending – no, no, no, no, no!!!!!
As far as sequels go, this is one case where the second book transcends the first. If you like historical fiction, headstrong characters and a whole lot of action, check out the synopsis for book one and give this series a go.
Find more reviews on Goodreads.
Buy this book: