Shout out to Sara over at Freadom Library for tagging me – if you haven’t checked out her blog then what are you doing? Seriously it’s awesome and she is lovely.
GENERAL RULES FOR THE TAG:
- Choose a book or book series that best matches the prompt provided
- Feel free to change the TV show if you’d like it to reflect YOUR preferences!
- A blank set of the prompts is located at the very bottom in the scroll box
- Feel free to use our header graphic with the usual credits
- Link back to us and tag some friends to join in!
At the bottom of this post you’ll find a list of blank options to help you write yours up. Since not all of these shows are available on the NZ Netflix, I’ve chosen the ones I’ve actually seen.
That 70’s Show: set in a different time period
I still have a crush on Hyde after all these years. I actually binge watched all of That 70s Show earlier this year and it was sublime. Anyway, I chose The Book Thief because it is one of my favourite books set in another time. This book hit me in a way I hadn’t expected and as someone who doesn’t enjoy historical fiction, I was surprised at how taken I was with Leisel and her story.
Orange is the New Black: couldn’t stop reading
I stayed up all night to read this and was practically a zombie the next day. I kept telling myself that there would only be one more chapter but every time I went to put this down, Sarah J. Maas would end the chapter with a hook and I would just have to pick it up again. I am already mentally preparing myself for the zombie-like state I’m going to be in after Empire of Storms comes out.
Parks and Recreation: made you laugh out loud
I mean not many people are funnier to me than Mindy Kaling. She is a sweet and feisty woman who infuses so much emotion into her books. I listened to this on audiobook and it made it all the more hilarious.
Vampire Diaries: your ship sank or didn’t happen
I wouldn’t say that this ship sunk per se but I just wish these two characters had been given a more complete ending.
Grey’s Anatomy: all the feel
Think of an emotion – I had it while reading this book and twice over while watching the movie. Me Before You is the kind of romance novel that makes you fall in love with love all over again.
Freaks & Geeks: left you wanting more
This ending still makes me mad! Not because it isn’t good, but because I have so many questions that haven’t been answered and probably never will.
As always, if you don’t feel like completing this tag or have already done so, feel free to just ignore this. You all probably know by now too that I am always running around stealing tags so if you want to do this, go right ahead!
Here is the blank list of options:
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: unlikeable character(s)
- Vampire Diaries: your ship sank or didn’t happen
- Friends: best cast of characters/friendships
- Gossip Girl: hate that you love or guilty pleasure
- Doctor Who: long series you loved
- Grey’s Anatomy: all the feel
- How I Met Your Mother: bad ending
- Supernatural: favorite paranormal/fantasy
- Freaks & Geeks: left you wanting more
- The OC: series that should have ended earlier
- Girl Meets World: should have a spin-off
- That 70’s Show: set in a different time period
- Orange is the New Black: couldn’t stop reading
- Parks and Recreation: made you laugh out loud
- One Tree Hill: favorite book boyfriend
- Breaking Bad: favorite villain
- Modern Family: best family or parents