Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature by the wonderful The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new theme and you can participate when and if you choose. This week’s theme is top ten books that have been on my shelf before I was a blogger.
Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven’t Read Yet (this is going to be sad considering how many of those I have unread six years later…)
- War and Peace – This is going to be on my shelf forever. I’m actually about 100 or so pages into this but Tolstoy and I are playing the long game on this one.
- The Fountainhead – I was recommended this book and bought it blindly. That was about 6 years ago and it is still sitting there collecting dust.
- Anna and the French Kiss – I read Isla and the Happily Ever After and really enjoyed it but I didn’t know this was technically a series. This has been on my shelf for about a year now and I don’t think I’m in the mood for these types of romances anymore.
- Dark Places – I loved Gone Girl and Sharp Objects but I just haven’t been in the mood for one of these twisted tales.
- The Shock of the Fall – This was a total hype buy. I know it’s had great reviews but it just isn’t interesting me.
- What We Left Behind – A total cover buy but I do plan on picking this up sometime this year.
- Emma – The only reason I haven’t read this is because I picked up Pride and Prejudice before this and disliked it immensely. Waiting for that to wear off before I pick up a new Austen.
- IT – Have you seen how big this book is? Have you? I adore the movie version (though I always forget it’s 10 million hours long) but everytime I think about picking it up I look at how big and heavy it is and turn away quickly. One day I will devour this but that day is not today.
- The Miniaturist – Another hype buy but I just haven’t gotten around to it.
- The Knife of Never Letting Go – Is this really that good? I’ve got the whole series on my shelf and as much as I love Patrick Ness for some reason these just haven’t appealed to me over the last few years.