I felt very lucky the first time I was nominated for this award but I am equally excited to be nominated again. Thanks Sascha for the nomination. If you haven’t checked out her blog, be sure to head over now.
Check out the 2016 Official Liebster Award rules for more logos and information.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions assigned to you.
- Nominate 11 deserving bloggers for the award.
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
What’s the first book you remember reading and/or liking?
The first book I remember loving I received from my nana for my 5th birthday. The book is Jillian Jiggs by Phoebe Gilman and I still have the original, now slightly torn up copy she gave me. It is one of my most loved possessions and will be something I put on my kids bookshelf should I have children.
Has a book ever impacted you so much that you felt yourself change because of it? If so, what book?
I don’t think a book has ever changed me or caused me to reassess the way I live my life, but, I did find The Legend of the Wandering King to have a great moralistic centre that is good to live by.
Is there a book that you’ve ever shared because you thought it was so good and were disappointed that others didn’t get it like you did?
Ugh, so many. You may know by now that Shadow of the Wind is one of my all time favourite books. A friend of mine has similar taste to me so I picked her up a copy for her birthday recently…turns out we don’t love ALL the same books. You can’t be mad at someone for not liking a book you enjoyed but I will still say I was disappointed.
Have you ever wanted to write a book? If so, what genre?
No. I wouldn’t be able to develop anything coherent that would be worth reading. I’m not patient enough or creative enough to be an author.
Who’s the one writer (or more if there are others) whose books you make sure you read as soon as they’re released?
Sarah J. Maas. I mean if you’ve spent anytime on this blog, are you even surprised? Also while I’m talking about it, can anyone fill me in on the recent controversy that seems to be sweeping Twitter? I have clearly missed a whole lot because I’m at a loss.
What’s your favorite hobby?
Oh so many things. I love a good DIY project, photography, gardening (particularly veggies) and hikes. There is more to add to the list but these are the top things that spring to mind.
When you travel, where do you like to go? Do you have a dream place that you want to visit?
When I do travel, I like to visit temples, heritage sites, places where the locals eat and the cheesy tourists traps. Basically if I can get there, I’ll go there. I also want to go everywhere. Top of my list has been Italy and Canada for the last little while so I’m hoping to get to at least one of these places before I turn 30. 3 years to go!
What do you think is one thing that people would be surprised to know about you even if they know you extremely well?
That I have a massive, massive fear of boats. I don’t know what it is but going on a boat just terrifies me. Sharks? I’m all good with. Water? No problem. But boats? No thank you. Anytime I’ve had to go on a boat I’ve had to give myself a little pep talk – then I just stay drunk the whole time haha.
What’s the last thing that you saw and thought was incredibly beautiful?
One of my girls 9 month old bubba. Chunky legs, little toes and an infectious giggle.
What’s the last thing that made you laugh?
My friends and I had a catch up the other night over some dinner and wine and we were laughing our heads off while reminiscing about our high school days and planning our girls bachelorette party.
What do you do to make yourself feel calm and less stressed?
Listen to music. It doesn’t have to be slow and serene music but just putting my headphones in and playing some of my favourite songs helps me tune out and recenter myself.
If you don’t feel like doing the tag I promise no hard feelings, or if I didn’t tag you and you would like to do it, feel free to go ahead.
- Amanda @ My Opinions Site
- Aimal @ Bookshelves & Paperbacks
- Janel @ Keeper of Pages
- Megan @ Bookslayer Reads
- Stephanie @ Between Folded Pages
- Laura @ Reading Lust
- Meriem @ Fanatic Bibliophile
- Alexandra @ Sandra And Books
- Louise @ Bookish Tribute
- Book Talk Girl
- The Utter and Complete Bookworm
- The year is almost over but there are still more books to be released. What book are you most looking forward to?
- What was your favourite book as a child?
- Do you request ARCs of books from publishers or authors?
- If there was a fire and you could only save a handful of books, what would they be?
- Is there a book you wish you could redesign the cover for?
- Do you have a favourite thing about being a blogger?
- My friend’s son told me he wants to be a monster truck when he grows up – what is your dream career?
- What TV show do you enjoy binge watching?
- If you had a show about your life, which song would be your theme song?
- What is your favourite part about where you live?
- Leave some links to where we can find you outside of your blog