Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature by the wonderful The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new theme and you can participate when and if you choose.
All About The Villains — top ten favorite/most compelling villains in books, top ten of the most vile villains/bad guys in books, top ten villains I secretly (or not so secretly) love, favorite tv villains, favorite comic book villains, ten “villains” of contemporary lit.
I love a brilliantly written villainous character. Someone who tears shit up and causes havoc for the good guys always makes a book a better read. Voldermort is a pretty obvious answer so I’ve tried to avoid him but just know, he is #1 on the list. Let’s not drag this on, here are my top 10 villains in no particular order.
- Sebastian – The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
- Hannibal Lector – The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
- Amarantha – A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Shere Khan – The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
- Patrick Batemen – American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
- Astrid and Athos Dane – A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab
- Dexter – Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay
- Dolores Umbridge – The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
- President Snow – The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- Pennywise the Clown – IT by Stephen King