Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature by the wonderful The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new theme and you can participate when and if you choose.
Ten Characters I’d Name A Child/Dog/Cat/Car/Etc. After — we did this topic back in 2011 and thought it might be fun to revisit it…feel free to spin it how you need!
I’m going to take the easy way out and do a combination of names for various things.
So Avery, Harper and Hudson are a few of my favourite baby names but I couldn’t think of any characters with these names off the top of my head. If you do know of any, let me know in the comments.
I also just want to mention that I am one of those strange people that likes to give my pets full names or a title such as Dr. or Professor because it entertains me. As such I’ve listed full names for my go-to animal names below
- Son – Holden from The Catcher in the Rye – I’ve never been able to decide if I like this as a first name or a middle name but it is something that has been on my radar for years. Who knows, maybe my soulmate is a guy with the surname Holden.
- Son – Milo from Catch 22 – First name or middle name, I don’t care I just absolutely love how simple this name is…though it is probably pretty hipster these days.
- Daughter – Margo from Paper Towns – This is not a name I would have ever considered to be on my baby name list but the more I hear it, the more I think it is cool. My mums name is Margaret so it is also a sweet play-off of that. Gotta keep the mama happy.
- Daughter – Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird – I’ve always loved this name but wouldn’t be able to use it as the first so would probably pop it in as a middle name. If you can’t tell already, my kids are going to be petitioning to change their names at the age of 18 haha.
- Dog – Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird – if I had an older dog who was pretty much retired and just chilled all day, his name would be Atticus and he would be glorious.
- Dog – Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby – Big or small, I would definitely call my lady pup Daisy because 1) it is a cute name and 2) I would love to yell it out loud at a park. It would be my own personal Stellaaaaaaaaa (please tell me you know A Streetcar Named Desire??)
- Cat – Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series – I mean, it is a really cute name. The end.
- Cat – Augustus Waters from The Fault In Our Stars – If I ever get a new kitten, this would be his name because those little furballs are so full of life, just like Augustus.
- Car – Gatsby from The Great Gatsby – it is just a cool name. My car is currently called Goo because of an inside family joke but if I was to rename him, it would be Gatsby.
- Car – Zooey from Franny & Zooey – my dream car would be a candy apple red Mustang called Zooey. Anyone want to lend me 10s of thousands of dollars to get one? Cheers.
Leave me links to your top 10 list and let me know what your go-to name would be.