–These are the couples you love, but they never got together in canon (canon meaning: what actually happened in the text). Or that did get together, but weren’t together in the end of the series. Or a couple you ship but it’s actually impossible for them to be together because they are from different worlds, franchises, etc. Let your shipper heart run wild. I know mine will.
I have to say, this one is a bit of a struggle. It is hard to come up with couples because pretty much everyone who should be together, is. Nonetheless I’ve racked my brain and come up with the below.
- Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter – Let me know if I’ve remembered this incorrectly but they didn’t get together right? They are still two of my favourite characters from the Harry Potter world and I would’ve loved to see a flash forward of them with their strange and wonderful babies.
- Bella Swan and Jacob Black from Twilight – Okay so he definitely deserved better than Bella but I couldn’t stand Edward and always wished he had disappeared. Plus, Taylor Lautner…
- Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy from The Cursed Child – I’M STILL MAD THIS DIDN’T HAPPEN! I spent pretty much the whole book shipping these two and when nothing more than a friendship eventuated I was livid. These two need to be getting it on ASAP. Please and thank you.
- Romeo Montague & Juliet Capulet from Romeo & Juliet – They were so young and in love. Nothing was perfect but you know, death wasn’t the answer.
- Will Traynor and Louisa Clark from Me Before You – If you’ve read this, you know why. They may have been together for a brief period of time, but they didn’t get their happily ever after and that is what matters to me.
Who is the couple you wished had ended up together?