Give some love to those books that aren’t as widely talked about. Those hidden gems. Those books that maybe used to be popular but people have forgotten about and they still deserve some love.
To my knowledge, these books are not widely popular but are some of my personal favourites.
- The Reluctant Sacrifice by Kerr-Ann Dempster (Goodreads) I requested this off NetGalley because I loved the cover and was pleasantly surprised by how captivating the story was. This is a paranormal fantasy book that takes you on a strange and wonderful journey. Love all these characters and this world.
- The Progeny by Tosca Lee (Goodreads) Talk about cliffhangers. I’m still not convinced I know who the good guys and the bad guys are in this book but I was hooked from the very first page.
- The Color Of Our Sky by Amita Trasi (Goodreads) Set in India, this book has one of the most beautiful stories I’ve read. This broke my heart, put it back together again and repeated the process more than once. A great story about family, guilt and forgiveness.
- The Legend of the Wandering King by Laura Gallego García (Goodreads) One of my favourite books and a surprising discovery. This is a tale of morality and redemption told in the same style as a fairy tale.
- Learning Not to Drown by Anna Shinoda (Goodreads) This book broke my heart in ways I hadn’t anticipated in the beginning. A story that deals with addiction and flips family dynamics on its head.