Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature by the wonderful The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new theme and you can participate when and if you choose.
Top Ten Authors I’m Dying To Meet / Ten Authors I Can’t Believe I’ve Met (some other “meeting authors” type spin you want to do)
So I have literally met one author, so this is going to be all about those elusive creatures I’d love to meet.
I didn’t realise that most of the authors I love, and subsequently want to meet, are women. It is great that so many female authors are putting out what I consider to be wonderful books and are dominating a genre that I read a lot of.
I was quite lucky to meet Sarah J. Maas when she visited Auckland and as such I didn’t think it would be fair to put her on the list. I can tell you though, that she is just as witty and kind hearted as you would hope she would be. My signed copies of the Throne of Glass and book one in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series would be the books I’d save first in a fire.
Anyway, let’s jump into it. The reason I’ve selected the below authors is because not only do I love their work, from what I’ve seen via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and all the rest, they seem like really cool people. I know that some of these authors may seem to be overrated in some people’s eyes, but I can’t help who I am a fan of.
Let me know in the comments who you would LOVE to meet.
- Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Author of Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe, & The Inexplicable Logic of My Life.
- Jodi Picoult
- Author of The Pact, My Sister’s Keeper, The Tenth Circle, House Rules, Change of Heart, & Keeping Faith.
- Paullina Simons
- Author of The Bronze Horseman, Tully, The Girl in Times Square, & Red Leaves.
- V.E. Schwab
- Author of Vicious, & The Shades of Magic series.
- Colleen Hoover
- Author of Hopeless, It Ends With Us, Confess, Slammed, & Maybe Someday.
- Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Author of The Lux series, The Dark Elements series, Don’t Look Back, & The Problem With Forever.
- Nicholas Sparks
- Author of The Notebook, The Choice, The Lucky One, Message In a Bottle, A Walk to Remember, & Dear John.
- Cassandra Clare
- Author of The Mortal Instruments series, The Infernal Devices series, & The Dark Artifices series.
- Julie Murphy
- Author of Dumplin’, Side Effects May Vary, & Ramona Blue.
- Rainbow Rowell
- Author of Eleanor and Park, Fangirl, Carry On, Attachments, Landline, & Kindred Spirits